That cannot happen in ANY game for Denver or they are going to lose.
Chauncey and JR BOTH having atrocious shooting nights is going to doom us, foul trouble or not. If the Lakers hit their FTs and Chris Andersen doesn’t give us 15 points off the bench, the Lakers blow us out by 20+.
- Drive the paint more
- (I can’t believe I’m saying this) Make better ball decisions
- Drive the paint more (hmm, deja vu)
- Stop with the overdribbling, Vujacic and Kobe are far too good on the ball defenders to fall for your behind the back tricks
- Watch the early foul trouble, we need you all game, not just in the first
- Keep playing at the same high level you have been
- RUN! The monster jam was because you ran on the break and Farmar was the only one back, you can do that on pretty much every Laker except Odom, Bynum and Gasol who are all slower.
- FINISH. I’m so goddamn sick of your little dropsy layups. You’re 5 inches taller than me and 70 pounds heavier. Spins and bankshots look pretty but they aren’t your game! DUNK THE BALL!
- Use your forearms, dude. I don’t know how you learned to guard the post with your hands, but that shit doesn’t work on a dude your size. Hand in the back means no hands to block shots with.
- Crash the offensive boards. We NEED second chance points against L.A., especially if our shooting continues to slump.
- Please, just spell Chauncey for a few minutes and don’t turn the ball over. You’ve been doing a much better job of not doing that lately but it’s painful to see carelessly thrown passes by our backup PG.
- STOP GOING FOR THE POST STEAL! Or steals when the defender has a line to the paint. You are a much better defender when you aren’t constantly gambling, particularly on players who are bigger than you.
- For being the Nuggets most physical defender you certainly looked lost out there this game. Tip: Hack the shit out of Gasol if he gets close to the basket and keep a forearm in his upper back on the perimeter. He has a high center of gravity and if you keep it off balance he’s far less likely to be able to penetrate with a dribble drive, and he doesn’t have Dirk’s fadeaway.
- Keep it tough. If it means winning tonight, I don’t care if you get another technical or flagrant. We need this game.
- Please, for the love of god, don’t shoot unless you can DUNK. You have probably the ugliest jumper I’ve ever seen and you don’t do us any favors when your easy layups around the rim barely draw iron.
- Keep up the good work on Kobe. You’re a much better defender when you can play the lanes, but you can’t be so physical with him on the perimeter. Guy will get the superstar calls so in the post wait for help from the weakside.
- Well, thanks for once again proving that game 2 was a complete aberration. If you aren’t going to defend or knock your open shots down, just sit. We’d rather have Balkman out there anyway.
- Since I know you’ll be playing anyway thanks to Karl’s boner for you, stay on the offensive glass. This is where you will hurt the Lakers more than anything else and where you did a lot of damage in game 2.
All that said…Denver stayed in it, once again, for 45 of the 48 minutes. They have to understand that execution, defense, ballhandling…you have to do it for 48 1/2 minutes against this Laker team. That extra half minute is because you know Kobe is going to pull some bullshit and you have to give an extra 30 seconds of gametime effort because of it.
Make no mistake, Denver can and SHOULD win tonight. Nuggets by 5. Go Nuggets!