Welcome to the first of a new series on RMC covering news and rumors surrounding the Nuggets and NBA. Many thanks to new collaborator Victor Williams for contributing his most of the tweets and links you’ll see mentioned here. Click through to get a look at the latest tweets from NBA players and journalists plus an assortment of links on all things Nuggets and NBA. Victor is the man to ask when tracking down a new rumor and story so be sure to follow him on twitter here.
Tweets // NBA Players
Born in Brooklyn, Manufactured in Bmore. Point blank period
Thanks to everyone who voted for me to be a starter in the all star game. Much love
- Carmelo Anthony
Narcissus Anthony thanks fans after becoming an All-Star starter and clarifies his place of birth and manufacturing origin.
Great Game Nuggets
- Renaldo Balkman
Will he ever play?
Hey what’s up everybody I am doing another contest tonight for tixs to tomorrow’s game! The contest will start at 7 tonight denver time!
- Shelden Williams
Really cool of Shelden. I suggest fans to follow him on twitter as he gives away free tickets frequently.
In the LAB gettn ready… #Legggooo
- Gary Forbes
Forbes never tweets about anything other than working out and stays ready despite no current spot in GK’s rotation.
Tweets // NBA Writers
Don’t expect a Carmelo Anthony trade this week. Nuggets are honing in on key five-game trip and executive Masai Ujiri to go college scouting
- Chris Tomasson
Nothing seems imminent as Nuggets execs reveal they have duties beyond trading Melo.
If Carmelo Anthony is traded to East before Feb. 20 All-Star Game, it could cost him All-Star starting spot.
- Chris Tomasson
If Melo ends up on his preferred coast before the All-Star break, it could cost him a reduced role in the festivities.
Sleeper team in ‘Melo pursuit: Houston. Picks, young players and most of all, sources say, a willingness to do trade w/o Anthony extension.
- Adrian Wojnarowski
Rumors of extensionless Melo trades continue to lurk, but does Houston make a decent offer?
Seen in the cafeteria: Nets GM Billy King. Two tables away from Nugs execs Josh Kroenke and Masai Ujiri.
- Chris Dempsey
Talk about awkward – could they be talking again soon?
Nets rout Nuggets, but now the real game begins as the crowd waits out Melo
- Chris Mannix
The Melo circus overshadows yet another routine Nuggets game (and road loss)
Carmelo: “The CBA is in the back of my mind but as far as being afraid to play this [season] out, I’m not”
- Chris Mannix
Melo reiterated a lot of the same stuff he aid the last two days, but his most telling comments were about the CBA.
(Melo quotes)”If that’s what it’s going to take, then so be it. I’m with that. I know in the back of my mind what we’re up for with the CBA,.”
“If I’d sit here and tell you I’d be willing to lose $15-to-20 million, I’d be lying to you.”
“But at the same time this has never been about the money. In my career so far I think I’ve made enough money.”
- Stefan Bondy
More Melospeak: he’s not afraid to become a free agent but remains unwilling to lose any money, even though it’s “never been about the money”
- Rashad Mobley interviews Ty Lawson and Al Harrington
- Adrian Wojnarowski writes that the Nuggets east coast road trip is emotional for Melo.
- Ken Berger – Are the Nuggets coming around to dealing with the Knicks?
- Ken Berger – What’s next for the Nuggets? New York, Houston, and Chicago might be where talks go next
- Benjamin Hochman talks to Melo about his future
- Official Melo in New Jersey drinking game would have killed you by halftime
- Denver Post – George Karl thinks Melo could be a Nugget the whole year
- Stefan Bondy – Carmelo is convinced the Nets are out of the picture for good
- Truehoop – Henry Abbot debunks Kobe’s clutch factor and shows stats that make Melo the best Clutch performer in the league
- Weekend Dime – In Box 3 Marc Stein reveals the Nuggets don’t want to wait till the deadline to trade Melo.
- Yahoo Sports – Knicks are set to hire Mark Warkentein, who deservedly finds another NBA job. Next step – Melo?
- Ken Berger – Knicks hiring Warkentein could mean bad news for the Nuggets
- NY Times – A look into Melo’s past showing he isn’t afraid to make a move
Other News Around the NBA:
- Deron Williams suffers wrist injury – Jazz still hold a half game lead in the division but Williams is still out
- Normally reserved Kevin Durant calls Chris Bosh a “fake tough guy”
- Joakim Noah is close to returning – when he does the Bulls could be scary good
- Nicolas Batum is day to day – he’s out with a minor knee injury and his availability for Denver’s next game against Portland is unknown
- Fanhouse has some interesting ideas on how to make the All-Star game fun again
- Lakers looking to trade? – Are the defending champs looking to shake up their roster?
Latest posts by Charlie Yao (see all)
- #NuggetsRank No. 10: Darrell Arthur - October 5, 2014
- Podcast: Denver Nuggets preview with The Lottery Mafia - October 3, 2014
- #NuggetsRank No. 15: Erick Green - September 28, 2014