Courtesy of Benjamin Hochman, details are emerging on the latest season of NBATV’s “The Association” which will follow the Denver Nuggets through the 2011-2012 season. The first episode airs next Wednesday on NBATV and you can find the full schedule in Hochman’s Nuggets Ink post. For those not familiar with the show it is a fascinating look into the grind of an NBA season from the perspective of the players, coaches, front office executives and trainers. The Nuggets were last featured on NBATV’s “Real Training Camp” two seasons ago and that was a must-watch for Nuggets fans as I’m sure “The Association” will be as well.
We’d also like to post a friendly reminder to attend Stiffs Night Out for the upcoming New York Knicks game. It will no doubt be a fun time and a great opportunity to hang out with fellow Nuggets fans. Our friends at Denver Stiffs are also giving away prime seats to an upcoming home game and if you’re in the Denver area, I strongly suggest you go! Follow the link on Denver Stiffs for all the details.
On to the latest news and links.
- China Update: The CBA season is about to go on break with the Chinese New Year holiday fast approaching (January 23). NiuBBall has posted their latest CBA Water Cooler discussing all of the most recent happenings in the CBA. The interesting tidbit is that Wilson Chandler’s club Guangsha is mired in a slump and Chandler’s begun to draw heavy criticism with his inevitable departure from China drawing near. My assumption is that both Wilson Chandler and JR Smith will return to the United States next week during Chinese New Year and we will hear more news regarding their NBA futures. It’s important to keep one crucial fact in mind though – even if Wilson and JR are released they WILL NOT sign and play in the NBA until the conclusion of the CBA season in March or April (ditto with Kenyon Martin).
- Here’s a funny item from last night’s overtime win in Philly: Sixers reporter Tom Moore revealed on twitter that Andre Miller iced Andre Iguodala at the line, whispering “66 percent” in his ear as Iguodala attempted the would-be game winning free throws. Iguodala is normally a reliable foul shooter but is struggling this season and only converting the aforementioned 66%.
- Al Buckets was interviewed on NBATV Arena Link following last night’s game in Philadelphia. Harrington gives a great interview covering Andre Miller, George Karl and how he approaches his role coming off the bench.
- In preparation for the upcoming Knicks game, take a moment to scout the New York defense with John Bennett at NBAPlaybook. Denver’s defense suffers very similar problems and it isn’t surprising both teams rank near the middle of the pack in defensive efficiency (New York 11th and Denver 13th). The difference is Denver’s offense has been much more potent while the Knicks face perhaps the worst point guard woes in the entire league. I believe Denver matches up very well with the Knickerbockers and I suggest everyone check out John’s video on the Knicks defense to study up on what Denver needs to do to disrupt the Knicks.
- Take note on Hoopdata of how many shots Denver takes at the rim. Equally impressive is the fact Denver is comfortably averaging double digits assists purely on shots taken right under the basket. John Schuhmann of NBA.com points out that 44.6% of Denver’s total shots are taken inside the restricted area, miles ahead of any other team.
- TrueHoopTV: Is Carmelo Anthony overrated? John Hollinger weighs in.
- Injury report for tomorrow’s game against the Wizards in DC: Mozgov is a game time decision per Aaron Lopez. No word on Rudy Fernandez, but he did indicate he could play against Washington. My uninformed guess is he’s less likely than Mozgov to play tomorrow but could suit up against New York or Sacramento. On the Washington Wizards front, Rony Turiaf is out indefinitely with a broken hand. Rashard Lewis has a sore back and is day-to-day, but he played 25 minutes off the bench against OKC yesterday.
Latest posts by Charlie Yao (see all)
- Nuggets drop preseason opener to Clippers - October 3, 2015
- Why the Nuggets signed Mike Miller - September 30, 2015
- Measuring success for the Denver Nuggets in 2015-2016 - September 24, 2015