A very happy Labor Day to our Roundball Mining Company readers! We hope you’re having a great holiday weekend, and we give a big appreciative shout out to all of you who are working hard out there.
In the spirit of doing work, here’s a list of some of the hardest working Nuggets from the 2011-12 season, who in great single game performances set their team’s season high in various categories.
Gallo had three season highs in a single epic outing against his former team:
- Danilo Gallinari, 37 points, 1/21/12 @NYK (W)
- Danilo Gallinari, 18 made free throws, 1/21/12 @NYK (W)
- Danilo Gallinari, 52 minutes, 1/21/12 @NYK (W)
The Manimal was a monster on the glass:
- Kenneth Faried, 17 rebounds, 4/9/12 vsGSW (W)
- Kenneth Faried, 7 offensive rebounds, 2/29/12 vsPOR (W) and 4/9/12 vsGSW (W)
Somewhat surprisingly, Lawson (not Andre Miller) set the Nuggets’ season high in assists, and he (not Corey Brewer) also had the high in steals:
- Ty Lawson, 15 assists, 3/2/12 vsHOU (W)
- Ty Lawson, 8 steals, 12/29/11 @POR (L)
Harrington also brought the unexpected with the season high in defensive rebounds, though the field goals come as less of a surprise:
- Al Harrington, 14 made field goals, 2/20/12 vsMIN (W)
- Al Harrington, 11 defensive rebounds, 2/6/12 vsHOU (L)
It’s a fitting departure for the Birdman and welcome to JaVale that they share the season high in blocks:
- Chris Andersen, 6 blocks, 2/14/12 vsPHO (W)
- JaVale McGee, 6 blocks, 5/1/12 @LAL (L)
And finally, there was a six-player, nine-game tie for most 3-pointers made (5), which included Arron Afflalo, Brewer, Rudy Fernandez, Gallo, Harrington and Lawson.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday, everyone, and feel free to use the comments section as an open thread!
Latest posts by Joel Rush (see all)
- Film Room: Jusuf Nurkic’s defense and passing - October 29, 2014
- Things we learned from Ty Lawson’s Reddit AMA - October 27, 2014
- Will Alonzo Gee nab Quincy Miller’s spot in the final Nuggets roster? - October 20, 2014